Our Best Choice
Why is Chris Stewart our best choice?
There are many reasons Chris is uniquely qualified to represent Utah’s 2nd District:
1. Chris has spent the last 10 years writing to inspire in his readers a greater appreciation for our nation.
- A common message runs through all of his writing. Faith in our future. Hope for our children, despite the most trying times. And the necessity for all of us to fight to keep the freedoms that allow this great nation to stand as a light to the world.
2. As a small business owner, Chris knows how to balance a budget and live within his means.
- He knows first-hand what it means to create and maintain jobs. He knows what it’s like to lie awake at night and wonder how he’s going to make the next payroll.
- He also understands the onerous burden federal regulations have placed on business. It’s no secret to him what the threat of Obamacare and other government intrusiveness has done to Americans’ paychecks and to businesses’ ability to compete.
- Chris understands how critically important small business is to our economy. He will fight to free the weight government has placed on small business so that it can begin to refuel the engine of our economic machine.
3. Chris understands that our nation is on a path to financial ruin.
- Virtually everyone (with the apparent exception of President Obama and Nancy Pelosi) knows the fiscal and monetary policies that we have undertaken over the past generation will soon destroy our nation.
- With his degree in economics, Chris understands fiscal, monetary, and budgetary policy. He understands the real danger.
- Many times people talk about saving our country for their children or grandchildren. Chris knows we don’t have that long! He understands we have to change this now.
4. For too long now, Washington has refused to deal with the nation’s problems.
- They’ve been pretending that our present problems don’t exist. They say a few nip and tucks in the budget are going to fix it.
- Chris will never lie to us just to get a vote. He will always tell us the truth.
5. Chris served as a pilot and officer in the Air Force for 14 years.
- He understands the Constitution. Indeed, defending the Constitution was the reason he chose to serve.
- Utah has some of the most critical national security assets in the nation. Hill AFB, Dugway Proving Grounds, and the Utah Test and Training Range. Our Reserve and National Guard units are some of the best – and most demanded – units in the country.
- In a time when much of the focus will be on economic policies, Chris won’t let our leaders drop the ball on national security.
6. Chris lives in the 2nd District. He and his wife, Evie, have raised their family here for almost 10 years.
- Chris believes that we don’t need to import a politician from somewhere else. His Democratic opponent doesn’t even live in the second district.
- Chris realizes that electing a representative who isn’t from this district opens up the process to political opportunism and abuse. He is uncomfortable with career politicians who seem to be shopping around for a district in which they can run.
7. Chris grew up on a ranch and dairy farm in Cache Valley. Evie grew up on a cattle ranch as well.
- He understands the issues that are so critical to the rural counties in our state.
- He wonders why our federal government controls almost 2/3 of Utah’s land. He wonders why bureaucrats in Washington have been given control over vast amounts of Utah acreage that they may never even see.
- He will fight to take control of these lands away from Washington and bring it back home.
When asked why he’s running, Chris very clearly states, “I have a great life. I love writing books and managing my business. I’m a grandfather now. I love spending time with my family. And I realize that all these things that I love to do are going to be put on hold.
“But after seeing what has happened to our country, after watching the nation’s current leadership carelessly weaken our economy and global standing, I just couldn’t sit by any longer.
“This is a great country! We can keep it great. The best days are before us. But we have to fix things now! And we have to start in Washington. So I’m asking for your support.”